Re: How to run jEdit + LilyPondTool on MacOS X (solution)

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: How to run jEdit + LilyPondTool on MacOS X (solution)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:38:36 +0100

Am 2006-01-14 um 13:50 schrieb Christian Hitz:

I had big problems getting jEdit to run with LilyPondTool.
Here's how I got it running:
See http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=47531 for informations about switching the active java version.

Even if my way of changing the symlink isn't recommended, it's IMHO the best way for jEdit, because the settings of "Java Preferences" only affect web applets and programs that use the JNLP (Java Network Launching Protocol), as jEdit doesn't seem to do.
Maybe it's just the LPT that calls command line java.

The proposed way with bash aliases is very inconvenient - I use the Mac app of jEdit 4.2 for 4.3pre and don't start jEdit via the shell.

Sure, you could define an alias in your profile like:
jedit='setJava 1.5 && java -jar /Applications/jEdit/jedit.jar'
using http://homepage.mac.com/shawnce/misc/java_functions_bashrc.txt

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle