Re: "moving backwards in time" ?

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: "moving backwards in time" ?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:05:09 +0100

On Saturday 07 January 2006 15.43, Gilles wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm confused by the output of the attached file: lilypond creates
> an empty bar.  [And generates a "programming error".]
> And the clef change indicator is pushed to the next line.
>
> Without the addition of the second "\transpose" part, the output
> is as expected.
> Also, if the "\lyricsto" line is commented out, it comes out fine.
>
> Should I do this in another way or is it a bug?

This is a known bug (or limitation). You should not use \lyricsto
sequentially, that will sometimes produce weird results.

It is always possible to do the two part using a single \lyricsto command,
which contains the two sequential parts; however, you will need to change the
structure of the .ly file slightly.

--
Erik