Re: Inputting special symbols

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: Inputting special symbols
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:06:30 +0100

Hi.

> > And . . . also . . . :  Blank spaces at the
> > beginning or end of double-quoted strings are trimmed.
>
> That's true.  To get spaces between non-space \markup items you can write
> things like
>
>      \markup { "foo" \hspace #10 "bar" }

Yes, I knew about the "\hspace" command, but I still find it strange that
blank space is *completely* trimmed.  I agree that a typesetting program
should decide what's the best size for a blank space (and hence compress
several consecutive spaces into one, like TeX does) but not suppress them
altogether.

Best,
Gilles