Re: I don't think I speak this language

From: Jan Kohnert
Subject: Re: I don't think I speak this language
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 01:35:44 +0100

address@hidden schrieb:
> Hello, I'm very new to this and trying to figure out how to get
> output. I can modify the file I find online and get output, but
> somehow I'm missing some information to correctly parse a file. I'm
> trying to find some help in the documentation (both online and in the
> pdf) and cannot understand what I need to get output.

Have you had a look on the tutorial on the lilypond-homepage? It helped me a
lot...

> Here's what I have:
> { /clef treble
> \time 2/4
> r8 <<d'8 fis'8 g'8>> r8 <<c'8 es'8 as'8>> r8 <<d'8 fis'8 g'8>> r8
> <<e'8 f'8 c""8>>

So here are your desired notes. We have notenames (d, fis, g, ...) and rests
(r) with your desired length (8 for an 1/8 note) The brackets (<<>>) combine
your notes to a "chord".

> }
>
> \version "2.6.0"  % necessary for upgrading to future LilyPond versions.

AFAIK you only need this line for upgrades. It has nothing to do with your
output.

> I figured out that I need that last line, but other than that, I
> don't understand anything.

If you remove that last line, what output do you get? For the rest I hope, I
could clearify some things and hope you will read the tutorial carefully, as
those things are IIRC mentioned.

Best regards and good luck Jan

--
OpenPGP Public-Key Fingerprint:
0E9B 4052 C661 5018 93C3 4E46 651A 7A28 4028 FF7A