Re: Slurs around tuplets / tuplets inside staff - Could this be asponsor

From: Trent J
Subject: Re: Slurs around tuplets / tuplets inside staff - Could this be asponsored feature??
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:15:45 +1100

Hi David,

Just in reply to your statement ----

>>> This used to be popular but it is a bad idea because you can't tell
>>> whether there is really supposed to be any slurring or not.

I realise this but I typeset baroque and classical scores where a slur is often placed around the tuplet number. As for trying to figure out whether it is a 'slur' or 'a group' I leave this to the performer(s) since I'm trying to make the score as faithful to the original edition as possible -- an urtext. The feature which I've sponsored isn't a mandatory feature but simply one that users can switch on or off when editing baroque and classical works or any other works for that matter.

Regards,

Trent Johnston