Re: Invisible notes, Scheme contexts

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Invisible notes, Scheme contexts
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:59:00 +0100

Erik Sandberg wrote:
I can't figure out how to convert between Scheme strings and the
lilypond-native things that look like strings but seem to be something
else (often a LYRICS_STRING, though not in this case).

functions can only take scheme strings as parameters
(\bar and other commands aren't generic functions, they are hardcoded commands; that's why a different syntax is allowed)

I wonder whether this should be changed too. This would mean that

  \clef alto
  \clef "alto"

becomes

  \clef #"alto"

or

  \clef #'alto

This will simplify the syntax a bit, at the expense ease of entry.

What do you think?