Re: Install on FreeBSD

From: Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: Install on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:32:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mats,

I looked around and I do have gettext 0.14.5 installed on this machine,
and ports have nothing for msgfmt. If that is indeed part of gettext,
then it should be doing the right thing (I would think). Still no
farther ahead, though. What could I try?

Blessings,

Fr. Gordon

Hi Fr. Gordon,

Are you running FreeBSD 5.X ?  I don't know if this will work on 4.X,
as my 4.11 machine has to have ghostscript-gpl on it [and that won't do
for lilypond].

You might try starting from scratch.  Make sure you've got all the
necessary dependencies [texinfo, teTeX-base, teTeX-texmf, ghostscript-
gnu OR ghostscript-afpl (not ghostscript-gpl) mftrace and others I'm
sure I'm forgetting].

Wipe out the directory created when you untarred lilypond-2.6.4.tgz
[mine is in /usr/ports/distfiles].  Now, execute tar -xzf again.
Change every instance of '4.7' to '4.6' in the 'configure' file.

As root, run ./configure.

Next, run 'gmake install'.  It will complain loudly about things, but
should run.

I'm guess some of your errors might be left over from running 'make'
rather than 'gmake'.  Just my 2 cents.

--

72, Jim N0OCT

Hi Mats, Jim & all,

Thanks for your help. I finally managed to get my son the computer genius to look at the situation, and he successfully installed 2.7.20 on this machine. That version really smokes!! Great stuff! I am loving using it, and hope to be back up to speed shortly.

Blessings,

Fr. Gordon Gilbert

        |                 Angels' Roost Farm                  |
        |       Rev. Fr. Gordon Gilbert & Susan Gilbert       |
        |                   705-549-5056                      |
        |                address@hidden                  |
        |                address@hidden                 |