Re: Collision challenge

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Collision challenge
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 18:24:47 -0500

On Saturday 03 December 2005 01:05 pm, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
> Erik Sandberg <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Friday 02 December 2005 21.28, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm facing some collision problems in a score with three voices on
one
> >> staff:
> >
> > Why don't you just add \voiceThree in the middle voice? This
resolves most
> > collisions.
>
> Because that was not the kind of collision resolution that I was
looking
> for.

Sorry, but I believe that you have shifted the note head in the wrong
direction.  If the upper part is ignored completely the correct
placement of those particular middle voice notes would be before the
lower note and not after.  If I am missing something I would very much
like to know what it is.

At the beginning of the third bar you have a dotted note and a quarter
on the same stem.  That is a collision also, because that is clearly
illegal.  You need a shift there in any case.  daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
"Dynamic Guitar Technique": http://www.openguitar.com/instruction.html