Vocal Lyric Placement?

From: Jeremy Turner
Subject: Vocal Lyric Placement?
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 13:36:42 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I discovered lilypond not too long ago and it really is excellent.  To any
developers out there, keep up the good work!

However, I have a problem that has me stumped.  I searched through the
documentation and the mailing list archives, with no luck.

First, I am using version 2.6.4 (I see that 2.6.5 is out, but I don't know
if that has any bearing on my issue).

I am working on a SATB vocal piece, where I would like soprano lyrics
above the treble clef in only a couple of measures, as the lyrics deviate
from the rest of the ensemble.

I can create an extra soprano part with notes and lyrics, and then combine
that part with the regular soprano and alto parts, but I was wondering if
there was some way I could redirect lyric placement above the staff with
an override.  Or is there a better way I should approach this issue?  I'd
rather not print all the soprano lyrics above the staff, because they are
the same for almost the entire piece, except for 4 measures.

Any advice?

Jeremy