Re: Rehearsal mark on time signature

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Rehearsal mark on time signature
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:37:10 +0100

Trevor Bača wrote:
1. Aligning to *the very first* time signature in a context seems to
be a problem (eg, "Zart") even though aligning to *subsequent* time
signatures works fine (eg, "Bewegt"); this may or may not be a bug and
I've asked Han-Wen so we'll see what he thinks.

After looking again with a clear head, I suspect that the problem is

        (after-line-breaking . ,shift-right-at-line-begin)

I'm not sure what the original intention of this patch was, but I think it deserves to go. Where do rehearsal marks normally go when they are at the start of the line?

2. Setting #'self-alignment-X positions the mark relative to the
*center* of time signature (or other grob); what we need to do is find
a way to position the mark relative to the *left edge* of the grob.
There may, in fact, be a way to do this already but I haven't finished
digging around yet!

Try

  \override #'X-offset = #0.0

right now, define-grobs sets the X-offset to

,(ly:make-simple-closure
              `(,+ ,(ly:make-simple-closure
                     `(,Self_alignment_interface::x_aligned_on_self))

                   ,(ly:make-simple-closure
                     `(,Self_alignment_interface::centered_on_x_parent))
                           )))

which centers the center of the mark over the center of the X parent.

an alternative is

  \override #'X-offset = #Self_alignment_interface::x_aligned_on_self

which puts the mark directly on the X-parent.