Re: MusicXML import: looking for co-sponsors

From: Darius Blasband
Subject: Re: MusicXML import: looking for co-sponsors
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:49:05 +0100

I will connect with Han-Wen for the transfer and the invoice, etc.
I'll collect the contributions as soon as Han-Wen can confirm it is
all been taken care of.

D.

Mark Van den Borre wrote:

Darius,

On 11/25/05, *Darius Blasband* <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    I can put 200 Euros on the - so far, virtual - table.

    However, I think it might be wiser to have a more detailed
    roadmap, with
    more or less
    detailed steps (Basic conversion, slurs, hairpins, glissandi, lyrics,
    etc...)  each with a price tag
    so that we know what we can be expecting.

Han-Wen has told me he finds it rather difficult to estimate pricing for further extensions to the MusicXML import script. I hope to be able to work on extending it myself, once the base structure is there. I'm a python newbie, and willing to learn...

We already have:
* Darius Blasband: 200 € (let's reduce this to 180€)
* Eduardo Vieira: 20 €
* <anonymous>: 100 € (you are in BCC, my friend)
* Mark Van den Borre (me): 50 €

This is already enough for basic functionality...

I suggest the following procedure:

1. One of us tells Han-Wen to get coding.
2. He advances Han-Wen the €350 so he doesn't have to deal with 5 invoices.
3. Han-Wen sends him a payment receipt.
4. Everyone of us gets a copy of that.
5. We all refund him.

Any candidates to take up the coordination role? I'm willing to do it, but maybe someone else can get this booked as a tax deductible expense. In that case, that would be more suitable of course.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Mark
--
Mark Van den Borre