Re: Extracting header fields for use by e.g. LaTeX?

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: Extracting header fields for use by e.g. LaTeX?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:09:40 +0000

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 07:12 -0500, Laura Conrad wrote:

> I have the same problem, but I do basically what Bernard suggested,
> and write the .lytex file with a script that extracts the header
> fields from the lilypond (or, in my case, the ABC file that's the
> input for abc2ly).

You could write a script to extract header information from the .ly
file.  However to be completely general it would have to follow includes
and follow the same rules as lily e.g. recognising when one header
definition overrides another. It would be better if lily did this for
you. There was a time when it did - it probably still does if you use
the tex backend. But lilypond-book now uses the eps backend.
--
Bernard Hurley <address@hidden>