Re: is there a possibillity to use lilypond with a smartphone...

From: Eduardo Vieira
Subject: Re: is there a possibillity to use lilypond with a smartphone...
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:48:20 -0200

One thing you could do, Chris, is to try the ABC music notation language.
There are two software that display and/or play tunes written in ABC: Abc
Viewer and Tune Pal, both run in Pocket PC. For Palm there would be a few
others yet. ABC notation is easier to learn and type, and you can later
export your work to Lilypond (with good results), for fine adjustments and
printing.
Another thing you could do is to search a sotware for composing and saving
in Midi format. I imagine there would be some available for pocket pc, maybe
one that is even a freeware.
As matter of fact, the search for a music software for Palm was what
introduced me to abc and later to Lilypond.

Good luck,

Eduardo Vieira
Patos, ParaĆ­ba
Brazil