lilypond-book twice

From: Tim Sawyer
Subject: lilypond-book twice
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:58:52 +0000

I've just upgraded from 2.0 to 2.6.

I  used to be able to run lilypond-book multiple times on the same source,
 and it would only generate the music that had changed.

Now if I try it I get:

lilypond-book (GNU LilyPond) 2.6.4
lilypond-book: error: Output would overwrite input file; use --output.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/lilypond-book", line 1620, in ?
    main ()
  File "/usr/local/bin/lilypond-book", line 1586, in main
    chunks = do_file (file)
  File "/usr/local/bin/lilypond-book", line 1446, in do_file
    ly.exit (2)
  File "/usr/local/share/lilypond/2.6.4/python/lilylib.py", line 139, in exit
    raise _ ('Exiting (%d)...') % i
Exiting (2)...

It's a bit annoying having to wait 5 mins for the document, when it took
seconds on version 2.0.  Is this a known problem?

My lilypond-book command line is:

lilypond-book -V --psfonts -o output volume2.tex

and everything works fine if I remove the output dir before building.  I just
can't do it twice on the same output dir.

ta,

Tim.