Re: The limits of StaffGroup nesting

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: The limits of StaffGroup nesting
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:10:46 +0100

On Monday 14 November 2005 02.10, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Erik Sandberg wrote:

> > Does this mean that cycles will be allowed in the graph of context
> > definitions?
>
> No, it means that we don't mirror bracket nesting in context nesting.

Then, how does this make it possible to drop InnerXX contexts? There must
still be one individual StaffGroup-ish context definition for each level of
context nesting?

Currenntly, the following trick can be applied to achieve arbitrarily deep
nesting. In what way will this be simplified?

\score {
\new OuterStaffGroup <<
\new StaffGroup <<
 \new InnerStaffGroup << \new Staff c1 \new Staff c1 >>
 \new Staff c1

 \new Staff c1

\layout {
\context {
  \StaffGroup
  \name OuterStaffGroup
  \accepts "StaffGroup"
}
\context {\Score \accepts "OuterStaffGroup" }

Erik