Re: extender lines in figured bass for Lilypond 2.7.12

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: extender lines in figured bass for Lilypond 2.7.12
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:04:46 +0100

Seng Liang wrote:
Hi, I have some problems regarding extender lines in figured basses for Lilypond version 2.7.12 for Windows 98. Here is the file content:
\version "2.7.12"
\relative c { << \context Voice { \clef bass
c8 c c c d d e e f4 }
\context FiguredBass \figuremode { \set useBassFigureExtenders = ##t <6 4>2 <6>2 <5 3>4 } >> }

Here, I would like to put <6 4> on the 1st beat with the extender lines until the end of the 2nd beat. Then <6> on the 3rd beat with the extender line until the end of the bar. The <5 3> is for the 2nd bar. 3 problems came up:

First, why did the extender line from "6" of <6 4> at the 1st beat continue until the start of the 3rd beat where <6> should have been, and now the "6" has disappeared. Why is this? How can I make the line stop before the 2nd "6" and then continue after it until the end of the bar?

Extender lines indicate that the figure is still holding, so said figure is assumed to continue on the 3rd beat, and the figure is replaced by the 6.

Second, how do I make two extender lines of the same length lined up vertically to start from both "6" and "4" after the figure <6 4>?

try

  { <6 4>4. <6 4>8 <6\!>2 <5 3>4 }

the \! ends the extender.

Finally, why is the order of <5 3> in the pdf file reversed (3 on top of 5), at least it does on my computer system? Is this a bug?

Can't duplicate. I guess it's time that I built 2.7.15 for windows too.