Re: Escape sequence for accentuated characters?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Escape sequence for accentuated characters?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 00:12:27 +0100

Raphael Manfredi wrote:
Quoting Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> from ml.lilypond.users:
:Raphael Manfredi wrote:
:> And here is a PNG of the lilypond output on my system, in case you
:> cannot reproduce it.
:
:There was a problem with fontchanges in the middle of text strings, :which I fixed in 2.7.8.
:
:However, I recommend you to use another font, which includes the :accented characters as separate glyphs, eg. ecrm10. With 2.7.8, you will :still get the sans-serif u` but with correct placement.

Yes, ecmr10 works fine, but it is a sans-serif font and it does not
look as good as cmr10.

no, it's not; what you're seeing is the system default for fonts that are not found.

Where does lilypond get its font list from, so that I can try others?

the easiest is to put a .ttf .pfb or .pfa in ~/.fonts. If it shows up on the output of

        fc-list

you can use it in lily.