Re: HELP ABOUT SLUR OFFSET

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: HELP ABOUT SLUR OFFSET
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:45:30 +0200

MX wrote:

Hi all, bonjour à tous.

1. How can I ajust the position of the beginning of the slur in the picture attached ?

I tried to override the control-points property of the slur object but I couldn't find rules to use it and I just want to push sligtly the beginning of the slur, not the entire slur. The property Slur #'attachment-offsets seemed to do that easyly but it does not exist anymore in the 2.6.0 release.

I'm afraid I have never looked into the slur properties, so I hope someone else can help with this question. Of course, a simple solution is \slurUp, but that's
maybe not what you want.

2. How can adjust the figure 3 in the tuplet ?

How do you want it changed. Assuming that you want to move it up,
increase the padding property: \override TupletBracket #'padding = #2.0

3. In a general manner, it's rather difficult to find in the doc what are all the properties for a given object and how to use them. Does exist anywhere in the doc a thesaurus of all the objects, and for each object all corresponding properties ?

Of course! You can find it all in the
Program Reference -> Backend -> All layout objects <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/All-layout-objects.html#All-layout-objects>
but I recommend to first read "9.2.3 Navigating the program reference"
which describes a strategy that often is easier and quicker to find the
relevant documentation.

  /Mats