Re: Adding parenthesis around slurs or hairpins or whatever else

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Adding parenthesis around slurs or hairpins or whatever else
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:33:41 +0200

Gianluca D. wrote:
I'm trying to copy with Lilypond a nice sheet of music showing many editorial parenthesis around slurs, ties and hairpins.

In the attachments, you can see two examples of what I'm talking about.

Hi,

if you're willing to fund its development, I can add parenthesized ties and slurs as a sponsored feature. It would have a nice, integrated syntax, eg. something like

  c4-\tag #'parenthesized (

and it would be a normal part of the LilyPond distribution. It would be a "standard" small feature, for 130 eur including VAT/payment costs.

For dynamics, I could also do it, but it's a lot more hairy because Dynamic placement is more complicated.