Re: \compressMusic \grace note woes...

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Re: \compressMusic \grace note woes...
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 21:02:34 +1000

Yes it's me again...

Still find this tricky... Looks like the grace note problem with beginning a
score with a tuplet is also a problem with using \compressMusic....

I've put in the blank grace notes in the other parts but it doesn't seem to
help..

Any help or hints appreciated yet again.

Trent...

% Created on Thu Sep 29 10:03:17 EST 2005
\version "2.7.10"
\header {
}
#(set-global-staff-size 16)

\include "english.ly"

\paper {
 bottommargin = 3\cm
 linewidth = 7.12 \in

}

FluteIb = \new Staff  {
 \time 4/4
 \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(12 . 8)
 \set Staff.midiInstrument="flute"
 \key bf \major
 \clef treble
 \relative c''
 \compressMusic #'(2 . 3) {
%bar 1
\grace d8 c8.( b16) c8 g'4 ef8 \grace d8 c8.( b16) c8 r r af
%bar 2
g4 af'8 g4 f8 ef( d) c r8 r4
%bar 3
R1*12/8
%bar 4
r4. r4. r4 r8 r8 r8 g'
%bar 5
\grace { g16([ a] } bf4) c,8 c8. d16 e8 \grace g8 f( e) f r r af
\bar "|."
}}
FluteIIb = \new Staff  {
 \time 4/4
 \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(12 . 8)
 \set Staff.midiInstrument="flute"
 \key bf \major
 \clef treble
 \relative c''
 \compressMusic #'(2 . 3) {

%bar 1-2
\grace s8 R1*12/8*2
%bar 3
\grace d8 c8.( b16) c8 g'4 ef8 \grace d c8.( b16) c8 r r af
%bar 4
g4 af'8 g4 f8 ef( d) c r8 r4
%bar 5
e4. g c, r4 r8