Re: lilypond-book/(La)TeX knowledge required

From: Ruud van Silfhout
Subject: Re: lilypond-book/(La)TeX knowledge required
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:53:28 +0200

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

In addition to Laura's proposal, there are many possibilities.
I would even consider using the ordinary section numbering mechanism
to do the numbering. It's easy to redefine the layout of a \section.
For the page headers, one convenient package is fancyhdr (I hope you
know that you can run the command "texdoc" to see the documentation
of a package, for example "texdoc fancyhdr"). Lilypond-book shouldn't
have any influence here, so if you have more questions, I recommend
general LaTeX fora like the news group comp.text.tex or
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes.

  /Mats

Ruud van Silfhout wrote:

Hi TeXnicians?,

I'm (again) working on a version of a hymne book I have been working on before. I is written lilypond and LaTeX. Before I have worked on a version for the people in church, now I have to make a special version for the church choir. I have a TeX variable containing the number of the hymne ( \thehymneno ). What I want is that at the top of each page, except for the first page, the hymne number appears followed by the pagenumber (so, \thehymneno--\thepage). I couldn't get this to work properly and I tried a lot. Is this something that is influenced by lilypond-book somehow?
So, I could do with some help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ruud