Re: soundfonts for midi output?

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: Re: soundfonts for midi output?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:03:29 -0700

This won't be something controlled by lily but rather is a soundbank/font thing you have to do with the player. If you can't change the bank on either of your players (I think you can with the MS product but not sure) you'll need to get a midi player where you can set the sound bank to use the bank of soundfonts you want.
Hope this helps a little.
Jay

Horace A. 'Kicker' Vallas wrote:

this is maybe a really dumb question but I don't do much with midi

I have also searched the docs and faqs and archives but see
nothing about using other soundfonts --- so, even if the answer is
"no" or "can't" at least this will get the question into the
archives :-)

- I have a lilypond (2.6.3) score for Classical guitar
- I've downloaded several soundfonts that I would like to try for
the midi generated by lilypond
- I set Staff.midiInstrument to "acoustic guitar (nylon)" in the
.ly file for

I use winamp to play midi's but can use winmediaplayer or
something else if required.

How can I use different soundfonts for the midi generated by   lily?

--
Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
Jay Hamilton