Re: Putting horizontal brackets at a fixed y-position

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: Re: Putting horizontal brackets at a fixed y-position
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:25:55 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Sven Axelsson wrote:
>>
>> That is very close to what I need. It works perfectly for analysis
>> brackets but it appears that the staff-position can't be more than 8
>> (or perhaps
>> 7.5),
>> which puts the volta brackets a little too close to the staff. If I
>> could raise those one more note space it would be perfect.
>
> the overrides have to be where the bracket starts. Otherwise, leave
> out the \once.

Well, of course. I made it a global override using

\layout {
    \context {
        \Score
        \override VoltaBracket #'Y-offset-callbacks = #(list
Staff_symbol_referencer::callback)
        \override VoltaBracket #'staff-position = #8

and it seems that the bracket stops raising at staff-position 8.
Perhaps I need to tweak something else too?

--
Sven Axelsson