Re: Notation

From: Peter Mogensen
Subject: Re: Notation
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 09:37:31 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> Dear Sir/madam,
>
> I am an entry level keyboard player (Not professional). I hope you can help
> me to answer my question.
>
> Instead of sitting and listening several time to learn and play a music  from
> CD's of own choice, is there any software available in the music  industry
> to generate notation and chords and that can be printed  in sheet music form
> (at least the lead instruments) direct from a  CD or MP3 disk . If there any
> software available, could you  please advise me whatever may the cost I would
> like to buy it.

That is a *very* *very* _*very*_ difficult task to program - if not
impossible.
There's exists a few programs which tries to generate MIDI from sound,
but they work best with monophonic music and I would guess that
especially keyboard (piano?) music would be a problem. I also doubt that
the resulting MIDI can be use directly to generate a playable score.

Peter