Re: Slur adjusting

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Slur adjusting
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:00:05 +0200

The slur support has been reimplemented in version 2.6 and
further improved in the latest development versions, 2.7.9
or later. Before you invest too much time on tweaking the
output of version 2.4, you may want to try a newer version.
Note also that you cannot expect the tweaks you do for version 2.4
to be of any specific relevance in later LilyPond versions.

Anna Choma wrote:
Hello,

I write a piece of Wagner, where there is many many slurs. To make
them look better (without collision with staff lines, accidentals,
other slurs and ties, to make them stick to notes) I use such
predefinitions:

\override Slur #'extra-offset...
\override Slur #'height-limit...
\override Slur #'control-points...

My version of Lilypond is 2.4.5 and my questions are:

1) How to revert the influance of such definitions after using it and
after the changed slur? I have problem especcialy with control-points
-- all the next slurs are changed. I have tried to use \once before
the override command, but then changing next slurs with another
command doesn't work at all. I've tried also putting the slured notes
into brackets { }, it has no effect either.

You should definitely use \once. The question is just where you
should specify the settings, before the beginning of the slur or
before the end of the slur. I don't know the answer, so you had
better try it out yourself.

  /Mats