Re: Which bison version to use to build on Linux?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Which bison version to use to build on Linux?
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:35:26 +0200

On 7 Sep 2005, at 07:51, Jeremy Henty wrote:

Are you familiar with the fix to the known bug for bison 1.875
'fix'?

If not, the fix is described in section 1.6.1 on the lilypond
'Install' page.

Bingo!  Though it's worth pointing out that the compile error I saw
was completely different to the one described on this page.  I am
compiling lilypond 2.7.8 .  Maybe the page describes the error you get
from an earlier version?

It is probably not a bug in Bison, but due to the fact that the C parser has been compiled as C++, which is not even unofficially supported anymore.

  Hans Aberg