running convert-ly under win32 native

From: Ray Brohinsky
Subject: running convert-ly under win32 native
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:49:08 -0400

Heyla!
It's been a long time, but I'm back to trying to use lilypond again. A lot of things have changed, my old pieces not being among them.

This is because I can't figure out how to run convert-ly on them. This is the windows-native version of lilypond, auto-installed. I have looked in the manual (which talks about running convert-ly as if there is scheme or python available.

Is this something I need to do (install python) in order to use the .py scripts outside of lilypond? Or is there a syntax for lilypond that will load and use the convert-ly code?

I did search the archives, but I couldn't find anything, probably evidence of my poor understanding of how to use the search engine.

raybro