Re: Output other than PDF

From: Brett Duncan
Subject: Re: Output other than PDF
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:49:13 +1000

Many thanks to those who responded.

It turns out that I had a case of brainfade - I had put the shell script that came with Lilypond where it could be triggered by LilyTool in jEdit, but not in a directory that was in $PATH. Hence a call to lilypond from the command line did nothing.

FWIW, even though I'm now able to call Lilypond from the command line and specify PNG output, I think that enabling the GUI version on Mac to let the user select the output format could be a useful addition. I have some other Mac users interested in Lilypond, partly because the output formats in some other (well known) scoring applications have not been totally satisfactory, but these are guys not used to command line apps, and the PDF format is somewhat limiting if you want to use your output with other applications.

Brett