GrandStaff Name

From: Will Oram
Subject: GrandStaff Name
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:17:46 -0500

Forgot to ask this the first time around. :P

The trick of naming a GrandStaff (instead of each staff within) has been around for awhile (see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/input/test/out-www/lily-899083229.ly), but for the life of me I can't reproduce the effect myself.

I tried

\new GrandStaff <<
                                \new Staff <<
                                        \set GrandStaff.instrument = #"Violons"
                                        \set GrandStaff.instr = #"Vln."
                                        \new Voice \relative dflat'' {
\mIViolinOne }

                                \new Staff <<
                                        \new Voice \relative dflat'' {
\mIViolinTwo }

...but got nothing in the output. It looks more or less like the snippet, says I.

Will Oram // Genius @ Large // AIM spamguy21
spamguy (at) foxchange (dot) com // wro1 (at) cwru (dot) edu