(I'll help co-sponsor work on) tied chords

From: Steve D
Subject: (I'll help co-sponsor work on) tied chords
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:43:15 -0600

First, VSD wrote:
> >e.g. see:
> >http://personales.ya.com/v_s_d/tied_chords.png
> >
> >Anyone would like to join forces (budget) with me to help me to afford
> >the  sponsoring? :)
> >
> >My suggestion would be to extend the TieColumn object to have a
> >"direction" property for each tie, e.g. in a list. Then the user could
> >override it's own positioning "algorithm" more or less like this:

---
On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 01:27:34AM +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys replied:

> The solution that you propose can relatively easily be added, but I
> think it is a poor man's substitute for the real thing, which is
> automatic formatting.
>
> I think that it should be possible to automate it, and I would gladly
> work on this as a sponsored feature. It would be a somewhat bigger
> feature (perhaps 800 eur, I'm not sure yet), as the Tie formatting needs
> to be redone. I'll have a look this week what is involved. If there is a
> need for more sponsors, I can put up an announcement on lilypond.org.
>
>  Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen

Han-Wen, all--

Although I may need to make several sequential payments to do so,
depending on how many others are willing to help sponsor this work, I'm
willing to commit to co-sponsorship of your work on ties (in general, as
they apply to chords, intervals of a second, etc.) with whoever else
wishes to help co-sponsor this work.

Anyone else?

-Steve D
New Mexico, US