Re: setting a text font

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: setting a text font
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 13:11:02 +0200

Am 2005-08-05 um 10:19 schrieb Colin Wilding:

I am using 2.6.1 in Windows, and I have noticed that you need to refer
to fonts by their file names, not by the names that are normally used
to select them in other programmes.  The file names can be found by
looking in the Fonts folder.  For example, for 'Courier New' use
'COUR' because the file is 'COUR.TTF' (I'm not sure if the names are
case sensitive).

'Verdana' works because the file is 'Verdana.ttf'.

I suggest that this feature be documented because Windows users would
normally expect to use the full font names and not the file names.

I'm on MacOS X, but that doesn't matter.
The font cache lists all my active fonts (from different folders) with internal name, so fontconfig, pango or whatever should be able to access them, but I had no luck with any name (internal name, filename; didn't try Karl Berry names ;-)

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm