Re: missing term in Icking glossary

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: missing term in Icking glossary
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:36:50 -0700

On 29-Jul-05, at 2:19 PM, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

Paul Scott wrote:
IOW I don't care what you call it.  I just want to be able to engrave
the musical symbol.  We could discuss how to interpret it for a long
time but that's not really the job of the LilyPond docs.

Exactly.

The glossary is supposed to deal with how to interpret it.

Actually the glossary is more of a "translation" document
than an actual "glossary".  So I'm really not interested in discussing
how the mark is interpreted in various contexts.

In case anybody missed it, I'm looking for terms for the -- mark;
in italian it's called "tenuto". I'm still missing the following languages:

F:
D:
NL:
DK:
S:

Who disagrees that the tenuto mark is the worst
dog's dinner in music notation?  As long as the glossary entry

Heh, not me.

- Graham