Re: What's the least input into a score to get midi output added?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: What's the least input into a score to get midi output added?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:17:48 +0200

Sven Axelsson wrote:
Wouldn't that break a lot of existing markup? For instance
having title = "Look "A Quoted String"" in the header.

And how about when we actually want the en- or em-dash?
Now that Lilypond correctly uses the full Unicode character
set I certainly see no reason to arbitrary limit it's use.

indeed.

I guess the real argument is, clean up the documentation so
that all examples actually work when cut-and-pasted.

I think the proper thing is to add a note to the PDF docs that people should not expect cutting & pasting from the PDF to work. PDF is made for getting accurate printout, not for transporting ascii text.