Re: LilyPond uses sans-serif font after 2.6 upgrade

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LilyPond uses sans-serif font after 2.6 upgrade
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:05:47 -0700

On 28-Jul-05, at 2:21 AM, Matthias Neeracher wrote:
On Jul 27, 2005, at 11:16 PM, Graham Percival wrote:
Hrm? I'm missing something here... I'm still manually doing
# ln -s ~/usr/pkg/lilypond/share/lilypond/<VERSION>/fonts/type1 ~/.fonts
There should be no need to do that in either the fink or the standalone version.

After poking around a bit, I realized the problem -- since I'm building lilypond myself in my home directory, of course the sytem-wide fontconfig won't find the lilypond fonts. I can point fontconfig at the fonts with ~/.fontconf , but then
I still need to update that file with the new version number.

I've now automated the linking (I hadn't realized I could just source the version
file:)

cd lilypond
source VERSION
rm -f ~/.fonts
ln -s ~/usr/pkg/lilypond/share/lilypond/ ${MAJOR_VERSION}.${MINOR_VERSION}.${PATCH_LEVEL}/fonts/type1/ ~/.fonts

and I'm happy with the result.

Thanks,
- Graham