Force a bar number to appear

From: Phillip Kirlin
Subject: Force a bar number to appear
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:24:15 -0400

My apologies if this is a simple question to answer, but I recently upgraded to
2.6.1, and some of my 2.4.x files have their bar numbers disappearing, even
when run through convert-ly.

The problem is that I want to force a bar number to appear in the first measure of the piece. I'm typesetting an excerpt, so I want the output to include the bar number in the first measure, since it won't be "1". When I changed the bar number in 2.4.x with
\set Score.currentBarNumber = #33

then "33" was automatically printed in the first measure.  But in the 2.6.x
series, this bar number is not printed.  Convert-ly doesn't seem to know about this
change.  So can someone let me know how to force the bar number to appear in the first
measure of the piece?  I've read through the manual about the tweaks to force bar numbers
at regular intervals and such, but none of those examples show bar numbers in the very
first measure.

Thanks,
Phil Kirlin

Go Lilypond!