Re: Maximum ghostscript input filesize? Adjustable parameter?

From: Trevor Baca
Subject: Re: Maximum ghostscript input filesize? Adjustable parameter?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:45:38 -0500

On 7/13/05, Trevor Baca <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 7/13/05, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> >

> > > 2. If it's not possible (or worth taking the time to tinker with gs)
> > > could someone offer me a pointer on what file I can edit to have Lily
> > > stop calling gs?
> >
> > Does "lilypond --ps foo.ly" not work?
>
> Yes! --ps works perfectly.

After talking with Ray McKinney (who remembered Han-Wen saying
something about parsing out embedded links in relation to
point-and-click), here's the actual solution: invoking lilypond with

  -dno-point-and-click

on the commandline causes the problem I posted at the start of the
thread to disappear *completely*.

Put another way, ghostscript chokes on very large pages (tabloid at
size 6 staff with tons of tuplets) probably not because of the number
of postscript objects *but because of the very large number of
embedded point-and-click links* such a file must contain (if rendered
with point-and-click turned on). Postscript files rendered with
-dno-point-and-click contain no such embedded links and cause
ghostscript no trouble at all.

This is a perfect solution for me since I'm not relying on
point-and-click (at least not yet, anyway!).

Thanks, Ray.

Trevor.