Update on Signed Trills?

From: Will Oram
Subject: Update on Signed Trills?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:27:18 -0500

There are two kinds of signed trills: ones with tiny accidentals on the side and those with ones on top. (At least, those are the trills I work with...contemporary trill fun is discounted.) It's a tedious process to find good parameter values to properly position and size these accidentals. Furthermore, because I have to treat 'tr' as a glyph instead of \trill, markup padding is applied. This leaves you with a trill sign sitting higher up than the signs around it.

Anyone have good code to achieve both these? The last time this question was posed was one year ago (and by someone else), and a lot has changed, so I'm bringing it up again. See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-06/msg00118.html .

PS...at last, a job interview; Han-Wen and Jan might get donation funds from me yet! ;)

Best,
Will Oram // Genius @ Large // AIM spamguy21
spamguy (at) foxchange (dot) com // wro1 (at) cwru (dot) edu