RE: Custom markup

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: RE: Custom markup
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:04:03 +0200

OK, thanks. That gives the correct output.

But how would I wrap this into a self-contained command?

If I try

tc = \once \override TextScript #'staff-padding = #2 \markup { \column { "T"
"C" } }

then Lily fails (understandably) when I try to use as { a_\tc }

I would like to have the command completely self-contained,
since this is an abbreviated notation, and I want to be able to
switch between this and the full notation that instead inserts
a complex grace note, without any changes to the score.

That is also the reason for why I want the syntax to be

{ a\tc } instead of { a_\tc }

--
Sven Axelsson