Re: lilypond-book problem remains in 2.6.1

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book problem remains in 2.6.1
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:36:01 -0700

On 13-Jul-05, at 10:33 AM, Nicholas Haggin wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:
Could you construct a minimal example that demonstrates the problem?
That would greatly help the investigation.  Could you then send the
example to bug-lilypond ?

        Will do. How much more minimal than the example I posted do you want?

A single file would be good -- something that contains any TeX preamble
(that is necessary to reproduce this problem), any lilypond code, etc.

        Having searched, read past emails, and having futzed with the
scores a bit, the output begins to resemble 2.4, excepting the page
break after each score. It's annoying for me because, in the current
format, each hymn has a footer containing tune name/meter/composer
and author/translator, which now gets shoved onto another page. Are
there any plans to eliminate the automatic page break after scores
in a \book, or shall that feature stand?

I just discovered this yesterday; consider it a bug. Again, please create
the smallest possible (and definitely single-file) example and send to
bug-lilypond.  However, I'm having some difficulty reproducing my
example in a small file.

Oh, actually this could be a different issue: with \book, the lilypond example
takes up the entire page.  My suggestion is to set
\paper { vsize = whatever }
manually inside your lilypond code. I use 10\in for letterpaper; I don't know what a good number is for A4. And if you want to use custom footers, then
that number would need to be less.

Cheers,
- Graham