Re: pdf files

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: pdf files
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:11:56 -0700

Sacha Standen wrote:

Hello
Please would somebody respond with some advice, as I can't use Lilypond at all without being able to view the PDF files. I'm using version 2.6 on Windows ME and have managed, through trial and error, to generate pdf files, but cannot open them. When I double click the PDF file icon, it loads Adobe Acrobat, but an alert then appears, telling me that Acrobat can't open the file. I can however open my old files, and the only visible difference is that the icons for the old files have PDF superimposed on the symbol, whereas the new ones don't.

What version of Acrobat (Reader?) are you using. I have heard that Adobe Reader 7 will not read some files that were not written by Acrobat.

I was trying to check that out but my MS Windows 98SE installation of LilyPond 2.6.0 is not generating PDF's or even workable PS's at the moment.

Paul Scott