adding staves to a piano part...

From: Sterling Sympatico
Subject: adding staves to a piano part...
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:55:30 -0400

Hi,

Me again.

I am enjoying the learning curve here and your help is making it a lot
of fun.  I have finished a piano accompaniment for a vocal ensemble.  I
have set up the file as such:

\pianoRH

notes (some second voice added)

\pianoLH

notes (some second voice added)

piano = {

  \context PianoStaff <<

    \set PianoStaff.instrument = #"Piano"

    \context Staff = upper \PianoRH

    \context Staff = lower \PianoLH

  }

\score {

    \context PianoStaff = piano { << \piano >> }

  \layout {

    \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }

    \context {

      \Score

      \override BarNumber #'padding = #3

      \override RehearsalMark #'padding = #2

%  \midi {

%    \tempo 4 = 75

%    }

}

The output is brilliant.  Now I wish to add 7 staves (5 or 6 percussion
and 1 vocal).

Seems I am having troubles doing it as such:

drums = {
      \drummode notes
      }

drums2 = {
       \drummode notes
      }

etc.

and then adding the drums in the \score section with '\new DrumStaff'
commands.  Am I going about this in a correct manor?