Re: Installing on Windows XP

From: Patrick Hubers
Subject: Re: Installing on Windows XP
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:56:50 +0200

Richard Glascodine schreef:

Also, the installer kind of 'froze' at 99% (annoying) but when I clicked cancel a window popped up and said installation complete, so I carried on anyway.

It looks like you're using the Cygwin version, right? The installer normally seems to hang, but if you wait long enough, it should complete by itself. However, I would advise you to use the native Windows version, it's easier to install and works faster than the Cygwin version. The current version (2.5.something) works great, but you might want to wait for 2.6.0 if you're uncomfortable using a "non-stable" version.

--
Patrick Hubers