Re: Creating Titles in Docs

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Creating Titles in Docs
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:33:48 +0200

Thanks for the bug report, the typo has been corrected.

Rob Vlasaty wrote:
In the Creating Titles section of the documents it says:

\paper {
  bookTitleMarkup = \markup {
   \fill-line @{
     \fromproperty #'header:title
     \fromproperty #'header:composer
   @}

When I copied and pasted this to my file, lilypond stopped at the "@", saying expected
"{".  After I removed the @'s it worked ok using 2.5.31 on Windows.  Should the @'s be
removed from the documentation?

I'm only learning about markups and scheme functions, and it's pretty slow
going.  I've programmed in C++, Fortran, and even assembly languages, but I
find this really tough.  I guess that's because there seem to be a lot of
key-words, and I don't know where most of them come from.

For markup, you can find a complete list of functions in Section
"8.1.7 Overview of text markup commands". For Scheme, you would need
some documentation of the basic language (I survive quite well with the
standard document found at
http://www.schemers.org/Documents/Standards/R5RS/ but I knew other LISP
dialects before). Then, you can read in Chapter "11 Interfaces for
programmers" of the LilyPond manual for the LilyPond specifics and
finally browse your way Lilypond Documentation -> Program Reference
-> Scheme functions to get a complete(?) list of additional Scheme
functions available in LilyPond. You should also search the mailing
list archives for emails from Nicolas Sceaux, who has done lots of the
Scheme interface hacking and has provided several useful examples.

   /Mats

Rob

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing