Re: Problem with opening "Cygwin"

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Problem with opening "Cygwin"
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:38:00 +0200

So, it seems that you have downloaded the program successfully.
Follow the instructions at http://lilypond.org/web/install/windows
on how to run a test file. Then go on to read the Tutorial.
LilyPond is very different from most other programs you have seen
in Windows, but once you get used to it, I hope you will find it
very convenient. At least that's what many others on the mailing list
have found.

   /Mats

address@hidden wrote:
Hello,
I look forward to using this program. Unfortunately, I think I screwed up on
the download/installation process, or have missed some critical information.
So, please excuse my ignorance and help me to get things working properly. This
is the sequence I followed:

On the "Installing LilyPond" page under "Download LP 2.4 stable branch, I selected
"other" for MS Windows XP.
I clicked the "here" link and did the download, and then the install.
On Desktop I clicked the "Cygwin" icon and got a window which contained the
following:
"address@hidden"
$

NOW WHAT DO I DO?

And, how would I do a simple uninstall if I think it necessary?

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

        Mats Bengtsson