Re: Placing turn between notes

From: dax2
Subject: Re: Placing turn between notes
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:04:05 +0200

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:24:36 +0200
Mats wrote:

> Why not read all emails in the thread? Nicolaus Sceaux sent a
> working example for version 2.5 and Jeff Covey explained in a
> followup how that should be modified to work in version 2.4.

Oh dear, I can't even claim that the threading of my mailer
wasn't working:-> Thank for the directions. I managed to get a nice
turn now (and it is easy to add accidentals within the column, I
have collected examples and intend to put them on my webserver).

Anyway I am a bit confused about why the turn did not appear
between the notes c' and des'

An easy workaround would be to push the markup with spaces.

I hope this working example will help others too.

Regards/Donald

%!Lilypond

\version "2.4.5"

ViolinoI = {
c'8.^\markup { "   " \column
             < \musicglyph #"scripts-mordent" \hspace #0.3
               \musicglyph #"scripts-turn"
    >}
    des'16
    es'2