Re: using footnotes on lyrics with lilypond-book

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: using footnotes on lyrics with lilypond-book
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 02:46:00 +0200

At Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:55:00 +0200,
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> It should be noted that this solution will not work in LilyPond
> version 2.5 or later.

I won't look at lilypond 2.5 until it becomes 2.6 ;) but I hope that
footnotes (and maybe other TeX constructs) in lyrics will still be
possible.  I don't care much about the exact syntax, but I would hope
that over time something stable and supported will emerge.

If not, there are still alternatives of course, like repeating the
lyrics below the score, and put the footnotes there.  But I think that
for rehearsal, having text repeated is a disadvantage, and I try to
get as close to the original prints of this document from 1867 as I
humanly can with the tools we have.

BTW, upgrading my lilypond book with 200 pages and 136 songs from
lilypond 2.2 to 2.4 was relatively easy with convert-ly and a couple
of further automatic replacements.  So, good job there.

I know how hard the task at hand is, and I have a deep respect for the
difficulty, and I can understand that syntactical and semantical
changes are inevitable.

Thanks,
Marcus