compilation error in 2.5.26

From: Luis Guillermo Agudelo
Subject: compilation error in 2.5.26
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:26:56 -0400

Hi,

I am having the following compilation error whilst building 2.5.26 and the root cause seem to be in mftrace :

mftrace --encoding feta11.enc --no-afm --simplify -I ./out/ --formats=pfa,pfb,svg feta11
mftrace 1.1.9
Font `feta11'...
Warning: no extra font information for this font.
Consider writing a XX_guess_font_info() routine.
Using encoding file: `./out/feta11.enc'
Running Metafont...warning: mf: command exited with value 32512 (ignored)

Metafont failed.  Excerpt from the log file:

*****Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/share/bin/mftrace", line 1278, in ?
   base = gen_pixel_font (basename, metric, magnification)
 File "/usr/share/bin/mftrace", line 918, in gen_pixel_font
   start = m.start (0)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'start'
make[1]: *** [out/feta11.pfa] Error 1

I have been trying to find in the archive log a solution for my problem. The closest I found is this item

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2005-03/msg00153.html

however that appears to be solved just by upgrading to the version 1.1.5 of mftrace and I am currently using 1.1.9. Is anyone else is having problems with that specific version of mftrace?

Btw, I am using version 1.0.12 of ec-fonts-mftraced

Cheers,
Luis