Re: Saving a file in Utf-8

From: dax2
Subject: Re: Saving a file in Utf-8
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 23:50:18 +0200

On Sun, 29 May 2005 17:01:41 -0500
Rob wrote:

> But the main reason I wrote to the message board is because of
> another posting I read ...
>
> On 26.05.2005, at 11:31, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I'm uploading 2.5.26. This release has a couple of small
>> bugfixes.
>> LilyPond 2.6.0 will be out Real Soon Now, so check if there are
>> any critical problems left in this release.
>
> I thought perhaps the developers might find my observations
> useful, and I was just trying to help out.

It is! You are right.

I am sorry about my previous reply. I can see that Jan
Nieuwenhuizen actually has reacted on your information and has
fixed the appropriate code, so that forthcoming versions will be
able to handle UTF-8 and the byte-mark you mentioned.

I must admit that my posting was too much tainted by my own
private UTF-8 frustrations.

I hope you can keep up spirits until the next version is ready or
until you can manage to make a CVS-build.

   Regards/Donald Axel

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- http://d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel