Re: deb for latest

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: deb for latest
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 07:00:08 -0400

    DJB> The problem that I had when trying to compile from source is the
    DJB> ghostscript prerequisite. I have not yet found a new enough debian
    DJB> binary for the new version of Ghostscript (8.15+), and I found some
    DJB> difficulties in trying to compile it myself. When school lets out for
    DJB> the summer, I may try to tackle this again.

I'm using the latest ghostscript for which there's a Debian package
(gs-afpl 8.14-3) on Debian Unstable, and "make all" is working for me.
I think I'm not completely getting the documentation built ("make
install" has an error in the documentation), but I read that from the
web anyway.

debuild, which builds a debian package, has never worked for me on
2.5, so this is probably why there isn't a .deb.  That is, it's why I
don't have one, and I assume nobody else does either.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139