Re: Mac OS X 10.4 spotlight indexing of .ly files?

From: Ed Baskerville
Subject: Re: Mac OS X 10.4 spotlight indexing of .ly files?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:49:55 -0700

Two things:

(1)

find ~/Documents .name '*.ly' -type f -exec /Developer/Tools/ SetFile -t 'TEXT' {} \;

That should be -name, not .name.

(2)

Short-term, doing one that simply passes things on to the default text importer is apparently like 4 lines of code; I'd just have to research what those lines are.

I was sufficiently inspired and figured out what those lines of code are, and I am happy to share the results. An extremely stupid-simple LilyPond metadata importer, that simply interprets the contents of the file as plain text, is at:

http://edbaskerville.com/software/lilypond-importer/ LilyPond.mdimporter.zip

Just put it in /Library/Spotlight/, and your .ly files should be indexed.

Code if you're interested (it's a pretty minor modification of the default metadata importer template):

http://www.edbaskerville.com/software/lilypond-importer/ LilyPondImporter-source.zip

--Ed